Department: Store Development
Purpose of role: Full responsibility for leading, directing and delivering the refurbishment rollout of existing stores across Primark’s trading regions
Reports to: Director of Construction
Location: UK or ROI with travel required in all markets
- Management of Regional Project Executive resource including:
- Review, analysis and input into project allocations to maintain appropriate workload for the delivery team.
- Coordination of on-going resource coverage appropriate to ensure successful delivery of projects.
- Provide Support to delivery requirements in terms of consultation, coaching and direction of the Project Executive team.
- Coordination and management of standardised regular reporting requirements / functions to include Team calls, Team meeting Agenda, Weekly site reports
- Standardised Project status reporting – key stage management, exceptions review and escalation protocol.
- Coordination, management & reporting of monthly Cost reporting – including contingency level recommendations and Variation recommendations based on approval criteria.
- Contribute as part of the team in the Management of the Supply chain. Review, analysis and input into project allocations
- Reporting, Coordination and Recommendation of appropriate contractor and consultant resource.
- Performance Management of the Supply chain to ensure delivery programme maintained to required time, cost and quality.
- Monitoring and supervising working practices and standardised documentation to ensure consistent delivery.
- Facilitate regional interface with key Business Stakeholders to ensure appropriate communications achieved
- The Project Executive will head up and be fully responsible for Construction and Development Projects which will deliver major change initiatives for Primark. Projects are likely to be in various stages of development and may be located in different geographical regions.
- Project Executive will manage external professional teams and will be required to lead and direct these teams to ensure that construction and development projects are designed and delivered on time within budget and to a high degree of quality and health & safety standards.
- The role will require diligent liaison with internal stakeholders and to manage those relationships across the business in support of high quality delivery and satisfactory stakeholder engagement.
- Ensure that the projects within your control are delivered on time, within budget and to a high degree of quality and health and safety
- Be responsible for the assembly of the Brief, Programme and Cost Plan for all projects within your control
- Liaise with Head of Construction & Feasibility Manager as necessary to develop accurate feasibility plans
- Manage and control overall spend against agreed budget taking up any variances with the appropriate stakeholders and project team members
- Apply and ensure all adhere to project standards and project management disciplines
- Develop strategic project objectives in conjunction with key stakeholders and translate these into project deliverables. Manage and report against these deliverables.
- Co-ordinate the development of project plans and take a high level view of all the projects and initiatives under your control identifying interdependencies, gaps and anomalies
- Manage progress of all projects through regular dialogue with project teams and stakeholders assessing the potential impact of change on these projects and also taking cognisance of the effect on the business thus ensuring change management is correctly dealt with.
- Address ambiguity across and within projects and identify where improvements can be made over current practice
- Manage risk throughout the life of the project(s) ensuring these have been correctly identified and prioritised and managed
- Troubleshoot problems/barriers encountered throughout the projects and bring these to a successful conclusion having secured the support of key stakeholders
- Define responsibilities and make optimal use of the resources available to the projects
- Identify the parties required to be involved and involve them in the evaluation of the projects success. Ensure the outcomes are communicated and that actions can be followed up.
- Build a network of contacts within peer group and across the business compiling a detailed knowledge of the structure and objectives of the different departments and stakeholders
- Ability to represent Primark Store Development internally and externally to ensure Primark retains its innovative and leading edge approach to development and construction delivery solutions
- Ensure Primark operating procedures and local building codes and regulations are fully complied with
- Report on a regular basis to the Head of Construction on project progress issues
- Monitor, review and undertake key performance reviews on all contractors and consultants
- Optimise morale through effective communication and promote a positive work environment
- Develop strong working relationships with all business stakeholders
- Contribute constructively to the team and lead by example
- Take responsibility for self-development and achievement of business and personal goals. Utilise all available resources
- Endeavour to ensure that Primark is able to achieve its goals by developing teams and supporting others
- Adhere to company policies and administration procedures
- Ideally educated to degree level and/or having a professional management qualification. A chartered construction industry professional (RICS, CIOB, RIBA etc.) with 10 to 15 years' experience in construction programme and project management of significant work streams and projects developing, building and refurbishing properties.
- Experience gained at a senior level in a corporate client based organisation or specialist consultancy or similar
- Detailed and working knowledge of legal and contractual documents and mechanisms that support construction and development project management
- Strong computer and IT literacy skills
- A confident inspiring leader with charisma and credibility who is prepared to drive hard, challenge and develop teams and projects to deliver exceptional results
- Excellent organising and planning skills with the ability to co-ordinate and manage multiple projects and Initiatives working to tight deadlines
- Ability to work on variant complexity and size of building projects managing internal and external relationships using influence and negotiation skills where required.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Able to articulate information clearly and concisely via meetings, presentations, reports and workshops to colleagues at all levels.
- Proven managerial experience with particular emphasis in dealing with change management and ambiguity
- Has an understanding of the political dynamics of the organisation and an ability to positively respond to and influence broader strategic issues
- Ability to focus appropriately on projects' detail and/or the wider picture
- Ability to build and maintain a strong awareness of the 'bigger picture' both in terms of industry knowledge (construction and retail) and own role within Primark.