Purpose of role: We are looking for a talented Creative Artworker with at least 2 years’ experience with a strong interest in Packaging Design. Working in a small in-house design team you will have confidence to use your initiative to get the job done quickly and efficiently to a high standard.
- Create accurate artwork for packaging & labelling and prepare final layouts on cutter guides for print.
- Update and maintain Primark Packaging & Labelling manuals.
- Supporting the Design team by thoroughly checking and art working the teams’ output, ensuring files are print ready, supplier friendly, consistent, and adhere closely to relevant guidelines.
- Creating considered back of pack/label layouts.
- Execute range extensions based on existing artwork/designs.
- Ensure all artwork is accurately executed and delivered to a high standard.
- Manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Archive files and packaging artwork correctly.
- Working to short deadlines and fast turnaround times.
Key Interactions and engagement as part of role:
- Liaising with other Designers, Packaging Coordinators, the wider creative teams and the Buying Office Team.
Essential knowledge, education, skills and experience:
- Degree in design or equivalent.
- 2+ years’ artwork / graphic design experience.
- Previous experience of working with Packaging and Labelling artwork would be preferred.
- Highly fluent on a Mac base machine operating in Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator.
- A meticulous attention to detail - a passion for accuracy and consistency.
- Iconography and visualisation skills desirable.
- Ability to work as part of a creative studio team as well as independently.
- Good industry awareness and an interest in fashion.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment / “can do” attitude.
- Innovative & creative approach blended with common sense & commerciality.
- Experience in Fashion Retail would be preferable but not essential.
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, possessing the ability to effectively prioritise projects and deliverables whilst meeting deadlines set by management.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule for self and team and work within agreed timescales.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview.
- Proven ability in managing sensitive matters whilst ensuring all Primark information remains confidential to the business.
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal/communication skills, while demonstrating high levels of emotional intelligence and possess the ability to push back with professionalism. Proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Operates with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, tact and professionalism.
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to present complex information in an understandable manner to all areas of the business.
- Ability to lead, influence and coach others
- Sound judgement, unquestionable ethics and integrity with high degree of transparency and trust