Digital Content Manager
Digital Content Team
Full Time Permanent
Purpose of the Role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Design Lead to join our Digital Content team.
As Design Lead, you will have the opportunity to join a growing, dynamic and innovative design and artworking team. You will play a key role in managing all graphics, assets and templates across editorial, CRM and Paid Media from concept through to delivery, ensuring all digital design content is executed to a high standard, as well as managing a growing team.
We are looking for a Design Lead who can create word class graphics to ensure the continued engagement of the Primark audience, but also to attract new audience members. You will help deliver our mission of distributing fashion and brand stories across all digital touch points. You will lead a very strong in-house design and artworking team, whilst working closely with our wider digital marketing teams.
You will have the ability to work in a fast paced, tenacious and creative environment. The successful candidate will also have an in-depth understanding of graphic design, CMS systems, and page templates, along with a vision to create innovative concepts designed to optimise our digital content.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Design Lead will have the following responsibilities:
- Ensure an in-depth understanding of the Digital Content Strategy, as defined by the Digital Content Manger and ensure its successful rollout by the design team
- Be responsible for the Quality, Creativity and Delivery of the graphical touchpoints across all digital touchpoints
- Align with the Editorial Lead and Lead Copywriter to ensure a cohesive approach to the look and feel and brand tone of voice across all digital design touchpoints
- Work closely with the regional teams to help manage the roll out of international localised content, ensuring the vision and planning are centralised and aligned to brand guidelines
- Be competent in the use of Content Management Systems to ensure you can work closely with the Editorial Lead to develop and enhance the look and feel of current editorial content
- Develop and test new strategies and formats to drive the look and feel of the brand, ensuring they align with tone of voice and overall content strategy
- Pitch and present design driven concepts and be able to articulate and implement creative ideas
- Encourage a test and learn approach across the team
- Conduct competitor analysis on a regular basis, presenting findings and insights to key stakeholders
- Ensure the empowerment, engagement and motivation of a team of designers and artworkers
- Ensure the team are fully equipped with the required tools and training to succeed within their roles
- Manage the Digital Design Team’s calendar, consistently meeting strict deadlines
- Be able to think creatively and problem solve with exceptional attention to detail, excellent typography and layout skills and a good understanding of UI and UX design.
- Working across our digital channels you will be confident to deliver projects working from concept to completion for CRM and Paid Media, ensuring you adhere to the Primark personality and push boundaries creatively
Skills & Experience:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in managing and leading a design team
- Good fundamental design skills are essential.
- Expert knowledge in the Adobe CS suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Good knowledge in CMS software and page layouts
- Ability to create graphical assets for a wide range of campaigns across all Primark departments. Assets will be needed for email, including animated gifs, paid media (including social), and web.
- Email design experience – ideally Salesforce Content Builder, but similar content building template tools will be considered.
- Work with Paid teams across the world to create digital marketing creatives for their campaigns.
- Work on assets that resonate across Google/Facebook/Instagram/Snapchat/TikTok/Programmatic Display
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, able to multi-task, plan, work efficiently to meet tight deadlines and prioritise workflow
- Self-motivated, problem solver and results oriented
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and responding to tasks with an efficient, can-do attitude.