Purpose of role: This role is to join existing Retail & Digital Domain Team as Domain Architect and assist with development of Business and ICT Strategy within Primark. Advise, design and govern the solutions landscape to ensure the ICT solutions directly support the business landscape. The person will provide hands on management and control of the development process and strategic direction with a domain/subsection of the business to ensure the future proofing of Primark’s IT systems.
The Domain Architect will work with other members of the business and ICT to produce the Strategic Roadmap for the Retail & Digital Domain. Work on projects to ensure they are delivered to the agreed architecture within Primark. A key responsibility will be to report costs to stakeholders and also prepare and present cost-benefit analyses to support current and future development models.
Working with the solution architects and ensuring the solutions support the roadmap.
Engaging with the Business Systems Manager (BSM) to ensure that all projects are on the roadmap and technical sound.
Reports to:Retail & Digital Business Systems Manager
- Provides thought leadership in IT strategy, development models, cost-optimisation, innovation and efficiency improvement.
- Provides detailed guidance to multi-functional teams through project planning and other large collaboration efforts. Fosters an environment of open communication and problem solving.
- Develops long term vision of technologies and solutions. Collaborates with IT leadership in planning and implementing of technology roadmaps. Assists the team in researching solutions, solicits input from outside industry experts and recommends solutions to meet business requirements.
- Introduce new technologies into Primark where required and show value to Primark at both cost and functional levels.
- Ability to provide direction and take design ownership for projects which is delivered by a highly technical team that supports a complex environment.
- Negotiate with key stakeholders involving prioritisation of projects and resources.
- Responsible for identifying cross directorate and cross project dependencies, risks and activities and negotiating resolution to conflict.
- Development of roadmaps for the whole business and designs and solutions at technical level.
- Support Legal and Commercial in purchasing decisions to the benefit of Primark
- Providing Technical design assurance for new project and technical system upgrades and enhancements for both the business and suppliers, particularly in the area of SaaS. Thus ensuring standardisation of system delivery.
- Educated to degree level in a Computing or business discipline or equivalent.
- Experience of mission critical High Availability design and deployment in large transaction volume environments
- Previous experience of managing complex integration projects in a highly pressurised environment is a prerequisite.
- Experience of setting and managing project development with a wide range of vendors to support solutions in a multi-country environment
- Previous experience of managing large scale development projects is essential.
- The Retail & Digital Domain Architect must be an excellent communicator, an effective problem solver and be well able to motivate an existing strong technical team.
- Experience in TOGAF and ITIL methodologies and delivering using them
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally to a wide range of people at all levels including communicating complex technical issues to non-technical user base.
- Experience of vendor management necessary.
- Experience identifying and understanding user issues and managing user expectations.
- Strong people skills –team leadership as well as team player.
- Pro-active and hands on - responds purposefully to events.
- High level of energy, curious minded, a positive can do attitude.
- Ability to operate within a highly pressurised and fast paced environment, consistently delivering results and achieving corporate objectives on time and within the agreed parameters.
- Sharp awareness of commercial reality; while being innovative and forward thinking.
- Ability to travel within Europe and work flexible hours as required.