Purpose of role: This is an exciting role in our growing Supply Chain. Primark imports goods from a number of origins worldwide, predominantly from Asia and Europe, over Ocean, Air and Road freight transportation services. Our Supply Chain is undergoing transformation and this role will be critical to the overall management of the Inbound Supply Chain, providing an authoritative source of information on which the operating model can be developed and drive the transformation of the Inbound reporting function to deliver a best in class business intelligence.
Reports to: Commercial Manager
Location: Flexible - Islip (Northamptonshire) or Reading (Berkshire)
- Support the creation of an Inbound reporting transformation roadmap to deliver a best in class programme that meets Business requirements and helps drive the Inbound Supply Chain
- Delivering Business Intelligence and consistent, timely and effective management information aimed at driving efficiency, profitability and continuous service improvement of the International Supply Chain
- To prepare and present BI data and conclusions based on analytical evaluation of business process and performance.
- To design and transform service level KPI’s and financial metrics enabling Primark to drive Service Providers (Ocean Shipping Lines, Airlines, Freight Forwarders, Road Hauliers and others) performance
- Preparation and formatting of regular reporting packs to support internal and external review meetings
- To support Inbound Supply Chain Budget creation, monitor all partners performance against the budget identifying and evaluating any risk or saving opportunities and maintain the savings tracker
- To use initiative and creativity in the preparation and evaluation of BI data leading to fully supportive proposals and recommendations to management on business practises and process
- Proactive engagement of all stakeholders including internal and external parties to identify key information requirements and translating them into data and BI requirements.
- Managing stakeholder's expectations, at senior management level, through detailed requirements gathering, clear communication of delivery timelines and early notification of any issues/blockers
- To drive data quality and timeliness improvements across the operation and within the businesses existing Supply Chain management system.
- Identify, clean and rectify any data inaccuracies within the Supply Chain management system.
- To provide prompt response to ad-hoc reporting and data analysis requests
- Work with other BI/Analytics teams and technology to successfully deliver solutions that meet the identified requirements and align to the overall BI/Analytics and data strategy.
The ideal individual will have:
- The individual should be self-motivated, focussed and results orientated, with the ability to operate within a highly pressurised and fast paced environment, consistently delivering results and achieving corporate objectives on time and within the agreed parameters.
- As this is a role placed in fast changing environment he/she will have the self-drive and will enjoy creative process of setting up and shaping of the solution as well as own role in the organisation
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interrogate large data sets and come to sound, logical recommendations & conclusions
- Ability to translate complex business requirements into clear and concise reports and visualisations
- Excellent report writing abilities with particular attention to detail
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment / retail / FMCG
- Experience of having worked in a similar role previously
- Good influencing skills and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to deliver and achieve results within demanding timescales
- Ability to think strategically and be proactive
- Strong business analysis and problem solving skills
- Ability to interpret data and present findings in a clear and concise format i.e. graphs, tables, diagrams
- Ability to present ideas and potential solutions, and documenting them in the form of a report
- The ability to produce relevant, coherent, succinct information and reports for all levels of management, including understanding the requirements.
- Evidence of working at an advanced level in Excel, BI and Statistical analysis tools
- Advanced level Microsoft Office skills (particularly Excel/Access)
- VBA will be advantage but not a requirement
- Experience of SQL will be advantage but not a requirement
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and time management skills
- Experience in collating reports from various data sources
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Excellent problem solving, strategic thinking and planning skills
- Relationship builder both internally and externally with strong influencing skills
- Experience of working in a fast paced supply chain environment
- Strong administrative skills
- Effective communicator