Purpose of the Role:
The Service Delivery Manager’s role is central in the delivery of a quality service to our customers. This position will form an integral part of the Operations Delivery team, responsible for driving service excellence, stability and support across all of operations, but primarily in the area of services delivered to the Buying and Merchandising teams
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Take a lead role for the day to day operations management of the IT services delivered in Buying and Merchandising.
- Develop and manage internal relationships and customer satisfaction & experience - manage, measure and ensure that the Operations team and Technology Service Partner/s are achieving agreed levels of customer satisfaction
- Provides expert management support to difficult, high profile customer issues and ensures root-case analysis is conducted and corrective action plans are followed through.
- Drive problem management to identify, remove root cause to prevent reoccurrence and drive continual service improvement.
- Agree, implement and report on a programme of continuous service improvement.
- Support IT operations towards improved performance and reduction in costs.
- Ensure efficient processes are in place and challenge the status quo to deliver improvements to service.
- Report, communicate and update relevant stakeholders on the on-going operation of services, incident management and improvement programmes, guaranteeing clarity, visibility, timeliness and expectation management to the right people using the right methods.
- Financial budget management
- At least 5 years' experience in Technology environment with at least 2 years' experience in a Technology Customer facing role.
- Experience in running Tech product & service operations team or teams – responsible for delivering reliable and commercially efficient operations.
- Experience of business-tech interface role – balancing business demands with enterprise drivers and being the face of Tech to the business.
- Experience in leading Tech projects – securing investment, running governance, selecting solutions and vendors, planning, and running through to operations.
- You’ll have a real passion for technology, new ways of working and its power to drive business efficiency, value and innovation.
- You’ll have experience of managing vendors and relationships in both matrix and line management models, in a geographically diverse environment.
- You’ll understand the business or functional area of which the product or service supports – its strategy, market, challenges and processes.
- You’ll understand the technologies in use in the Service: their strengths, weaknesses, lifecycle and competitors.
- You’ll have experience of the business processes used to manage a tech function, such as financial planning and management, risk management, acquiring and retaining talent
- Exceptional ability to motivate and influence key contacts and decision makers required.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Proven team player in working with one's peers to ensure that delivery of service is timely, efficient and of high quality.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills together with the ability to deliver customer presentation skills to board level.
- Service Management capabilities Service Level Management, Incident Management, Change Management and Asset Management, ITIL accreditation at minimum to Foundation level essential