Tech Our Way
We have the below available opportunities for experienced Principal Architect's. In your application, please indicate which opportunity you would like to be considered for.
- Principal Architect Channels
- Principal Architect Enterprise
• Create and develop the technology strategy for the portfolio area and drive the technology roadmap based on the overall strategy, including estate rationalisation and decommissioning plans
• Work closely with the key business stakeholders, product management teams in the domain and rest of the architecture community to design architecture blueprints, evolutionary designs and assurance for the Domain Area
• Develop target and evolutionary architecture following “Just Enough Architecture” approaches in accordance with architectural standards set by central guardrails team, and maintain the portfolio analysis and architecture
• Drive the design forward through collaborative governance processes
• Have overall responsibility for designing solutions that may involve a combination of in-house enterprise-grade solutions and COTS products across
• Be responsible for identifying, assessing, and selecting the most appropriate technologies, architectural styles and patterns needed to deliver a software solution within the construct of the guardrails
• Lead domain and solutions architects in the portfolio area in a matrix structure
• Accountable for reporting in into central architecture functions as part of matrix organisation
• Support Product Managers and Product Owners to understand, communicate and manage technical dependencies, risks and activities across Products and Product Domains and negotiating resolution to conflict
• Work closely with the Product Domain Engineering Lead to ensure that solution designs can be translated into, working high quality software, and that any technology selections or architectural styles are clearly articulated to the team
• Encourage and enable agile ways of working via automated and consumable platforms, further to this building and maintaining a close working relationship with Engineering
• Ensure the design is performed with a complete understanding of a product’s market and technical objectives while bridging the gap between the technical and non-technical by turning business problems into technical design
• Provide thought leadership in Technology strategy, development models, cost-optimisation, innovation and efficiency improvement; drive our cloud unless and API first implementation
• Be the link between the wider architecture community and product domain teams to ensure we are reusing solutions, platforms and sharing lessons
• Provide detailed guidance to multi-functional teams through project planning and other large collaboration efforts. Fosters an environment of open communication and problem solving.
• Develop long term vision of technologies and solutions. Collaborates with Tech leadership in planning and implementing of technology roadmaps. Assists the team in researching solutions, solicits input from outside industry experts and recommends solutions to meet business requirements.
• Introduce new technologies into Primark where required and show value to Primark at both cost and functional levels.
• Negotiate with key stakeholders involving prioritisation of projects and resources.
Skills & Experience:
• 10+ years’ experience, preferably in an agile at scale environment (domain/industry expertise).
• Experience of mission critical High Availability design and deployment in large transaction volume environments
• Deep understanding of domain driven design, event driven architecture and other such modern design practices
• Previous experience of managing complex integration projects in a highly pressurised environment is a prerequisite.
• Experience of setting and managing project development with a wide range of vendors to support solutions in a multi-country environment
• Previous experience of managing large scale development projects is essential.
Why work with us?
At Primark, we know how hard everyone works to achieve our business goals. Having a competitive salary and annual bonus scheme is our way of acknowledging this. We'll also provide you with a progressive career path, because clear advancement is what we’re all about at Primark
Our flexible working benefit, Your Day Your Way, means you get to choose when to start and finish your workday. Choose to work remotely if you like, in a way that suits you but also helps us get the most out of your talents.
There’s a lively culture here, and it’s easy to get to know each other in a truly warm atmosphere.