Purpose of role
A key support role within Central merchandising providing analytical, reporting and administrative support to the Trading Manager and the B&M teams
Sales – Maximising sales, opportunities and performance
- Responsible for creation and publication of company- wide weekly and periodic reporting for events, themes, window and promotional campaigns
- Analyse weekly reports and highlight areas of risk and opportunity to the Trading Manager and departments where relevant
- Use commercial awareness to maximise trading opportunities.
- Oversee and complete the reporting, forecasting and audit process for companywide licensed and DTR sales.
- Liaise with legal, license coordinators and B&M teams to deliver accurate reporting.
Stock – Managing Stock Levels and Flow Rates
- Control terminal stocks by projecting end of season breaking stocks and potential mark down requirement
- Complete monthly SPV signoff document and understand implications for the business.
- Manage and oversee Trading Assistants in the weekly transfer process. Monitor effectiveness of transfers by teams and completion by supply chain
- Review monitor and approve department proposals for carryover styles. Assist trading manager with final signoff and oversee system process.
- Assist trading manager with reviewing monitoring and approving RTM requests. Guide trading assistant in monitoring the stock off sale with the best course of action.
- Oversee trading assistant in any stock related activities e.g. weekly container prioritisations.
- Assist trading manager with reviewing monitoring and approving reprocessing requests. Ensure reprocessing requests are commercially viable. Maintain working relationships with reprocessors.
Pricing, Promotions and Clearance Activity
- Check and Process NLP, SPV and Price Realignment proposals offering recommendations to Central Merchandising management. Identify and manage any reprocessing requirements with teams
- Oversee trading assistant in processing NLPs to go live on the system as agreed by management.
- Maintain accurate NLP records and provide reporting and summaries of NLP and SPV activity for the business
- Oversee communications of any price changes sent to the wider business.
- Markdown and Promotional activity modelling
- Coordinate companywide promotional activity, both competitor and tactical
Systems – Develop and enhance
- Support the implementation of new systems and provide expertise where required.
- Develop and support process changes as a result of new systems.
- Support B&M teams with new process, procedures and systems
- Be a subject matter expert for legacy and new systems, supporting stakeholders across the business.
Range – Developing and managing range content
- Awareness of company with range e.g. grading, options, seasonality and peak sales periods
- Analysis & Administration – Problem solving and maintaining accurate paper work
- To provide ad hoc statistical analysis as required by the Board and Senior Management
- To manage and maintain accurate and timely analysis of all agreed key performance indicators
- Responsible for data accuracies and to oversee problem solving to ensure satisfactory resolutions
- Flexibility on undertaking ad hoc projects as they arise
People – Recruiting, leading and motivating team to achieve company standards
- To ensure good communication and a strong working relationship with companywide stakeholders.
- Oversee and carry out training requirements.
- To promote best practice to improve efficiency and profitability
- To work at a company level to improve and integrate new systems and procedures
- Work closely in the development of the Trading Assistants
- To take responsibility for own development
Why work with us?
As well as giving you a competitive salary, we’ll provide you with a
progressive career path. Clear advancement is what we’re all about at
We’re always open to talking about your development and we offer
lots of fantastic training courses to really help you shine. You’ll also
have more responsibility than at your average retailer, so you’ll be able
to learn quickly.
We’re proud of our friendly culture at Primark. You’ll have the opportunity
to get to know some great people in a fast-paced, exciting environment.
Plus, we’re well equipped for a healthy lifestyle
with our own café, canteen, and gym, as well as a brand-new fitness studio
with a variety of classes available.
So, if you have the right experience and want to be part of one of the
fastest growing retailers, apply now.