Are you looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to support in the delivery of a variety of interesting and exciting projects and initiatives? If so, you might be the Risk Manager we are looking for! We are seeking to recruit an experienced Risk Manager with who will support in shaping and delivering the future Risk framework and strategy at Primark. This exciting role provides the successful candidate with the opportunity to join our newly formed and growing team. For the right candidate, this role offers the potential for significant personal development and a strong career pathway in the business.
As a key member of the Primark Risk and Compliance team, you will provide leadership, structure and guidance for the business and the Risk function with a specific focus on design, roll out and monitoring of the enterprise risk framework. You will prepare reports of all risks identified across the business and present regular updates on the management of same to the Director of Risk and Compliance and relevant governance stakeholders. You will contribute to the effectiveness and development of the Risk and Compliance function at Primark and provide appropriate guidance and support to the leadership team.
This opportunity by its nature offers unique exposure to our high-energy commercial business, its operations, and its people. It offers interesting and challenging work across a variety of financial, operational, and regulatory engagements. You will play a pivotal role in planning, executing, managing, and reporting on emerging and existing risks. The ideal candidate will be an experienced risk professional who has worked in the fields of risk/audit/accounting and has designed and implemented enterprise risk frameworks.
Duties & Responsibilities:
You will play a pivotal role in ensuring policies, procedures and delivery of work are implemented and adhered to, in order to embed our risk management framework and practises across the business:
- Develop and maintain robust risk policies, procedures, and frameworks in line with our legal and regulatory obligations and industry best practice.
- Oversee the annual Risk Plan, including but not limited to, tasks related to maintaining the regulatory reporting calendar; performing monitoring and testing reviews to assess the effectiveness of existing controls and processes; and preparing monthly and ad hoc management information reports for the Board.
- Conduct risk assessments and work closely with senior management to help identify, mitigate, and manage enterprise risks across the business.
- Design and implement controls, as well as perform regular assurance of controls.
- Identify gaps and improvement opportunities to design and deliver effective and efficient processes that will enhance business outcomes, reduce risk and systemise the control environment. In doing so, you will need to proactively suggest and present recommendations.
- Assist with the implementation of upcoming regulatory requirements with a specific focus on risk management requirements.
- Act as an escalation point to the first line of defence.
- Build trusted and effective relationships with leaders/relevant stakeholders within Primark and ABF. Such communication channels are an essential input for executing work in a reliable and collaborative fashion and sharing best practice.
- Partner cross-functionally to drive the appropriate execution of risk management processes and requirements across the organisation.
- Provide guidance, advice and support to other members of the Risk and Compliance team.
- Act as the Risk Manager on various cross-functional projects, attending project meetings, as and when required.
- Influence key stakeholders across the business to ensure risk management processes remain on track, removing roadblocks where necessary.
- Continuously evaluate and challenge any changes in activities to ensure these are aligned to and deliver the project objectives.
- Record, track and monitor agreed actions from all meetings and work with the relevant stakeholders to ensure key milestones are achieved.
- Prepare high quality written reports on relevant governance, risk management and control issues, communicate these to management, and agree appropriate action plans.
- Conduct risk training and awareness programs for team members across the organisation.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain expert knowledge of the regulatory landscape and associated best practices, new technologies and advancements and provide strategically sound recommendations.
If you meet the below criteria and have the energy and commitment to join our exciting business, then we want to hear from you!
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience working in an audit/regulatory/risk function.
- Experience of designing and implanting frameworks within a company context, and partnering with first line to design and implement controls.
- Excellent communication skills enabling effective engagement with a diverse stakeholder group both across the business and externally.
- Experience conducting root cause analysis, investigations and/or auditing.
- Ability to see the bigger picture and understands the outcomes and quality that are valued by stakeholders.
- Effective and persuasive facilitation skills, including the ability to present complex information to all areas of the business. Strong report-writing skills, with ability to focus on high-level summary for senior executives.
- Curious, self-starter, with ability to adapt to change and multi-task.
- Experience in compiling information for regulatory returns.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule for self and team and work within agreed timescales.
- Collaborative team player demonstrating high levels of emotional intelligence and the ability to push back with professionalism.
- High level of integrity and diplomacy. Proven ability in managing sensitive matters whilst ensuring all business information remains confidential.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a strong sense of accountability.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Commercial mindset, organising workload with emerging risk at the forefront.
- Sound judgement and unquestionable ethics with high degree of transparency and trust.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access).
- Experience of working in second line function, non-financial services is desirable.